Wednesday, October 16, 2013

THE BULLPEN

It's been one week since our Pittsburgh Pirates were knocked out of the playoffs. One week since Adam Wainwright and the St Louie Cardinals stomped on our Jolly Rogers and our Zoltans. I must admit, I'm having a hard time with it. After not experiencing the post season with the Pirates for 20 years, I didn't want it to end. This past Sunday, as I was watching the Steelers game, I thought to myself, "This is the first time we haven't had Pirates baseball since March". I miss those Sundays already. There are many question marks this offseason. Will the Pirates attempt to retain the services of A.J. Burnett? Do they even need him? Can the Pirates get multi-year deals done with Pedro Alvarez and Neil Walker? Will Jordy Mercer be the starting shortstop next season? And how about the other Pirates free agents? Byrd, Morneau, Barmes, etc? While there are many questions, there is also much to look forward to next year. A full season of Gerrit Cole. A healthy Wandy Rodriguez. Francisco Liriano for a entire season. I truly can't wait for spring training and it's not just because spring is in the air. It's because, finally, it looks like the Pirates are a change for the better, as well. Let's Go Bucs!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment