Sunday, September 30, 2012

THE BULLPEN

Take me out to the ballgame! This could be the last time I utter those words regarding the Pittsburgh Pirates. When I ordered tickets to today's game in the beginning of August, I anticipated seeing a fight to the finish for the NL Central title. Little did I realize the Pirates didn't have much fight left in them. Sure Clutch hit a walk off homer last night to win it but he hasn't been very Clutch in the past few months. Like the Pirates in the NL Central, he's totally disappeared from MVP contention. And, of course, this was yet another Pirates tease after they were no-hit the night before last. They have 4 games to go and are 4 games under .500. The Pirates have gone from BUCN so SUCN. Sure it was fun for a while but I really can't take the rollercoster ride that is the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball season, with all it's ups and downs (more downs, than up of late). I really don't want to attend another game as long as Bottom Line Bob Nutting is running the show. Fire Neal Bad Deal Huntington before he goes and trades Clutch away for a bag of baseballs and a coupon to Subway. I would like to see a good game today, though. Would a win be too much to ask? 1)Hit 2)Run 3)Score. Let's Go Bucs!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment