Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pot Shots


A few random thoughts: at the start of baseball season, I would have been happy for the Pirates to break the streak and finish with a winning record. But after getting a taste of the good life last year and most of this year, I caught a case of pennant fever. Now the Bucs are mired in a slump and slipping down the standings. Sorry I got greedy. A winning record is still the goal. Anything after that is gravy, delicious gravy. That said, I still have faith. Let’s Go Bucs!!!!!

With a few weeks of camp remaining, Ike Taylor and Antonio Brown got into another catfight and had to be separated by camp counselor, GM Kevin Colbert. Maybe the talk shows are making a bigger deal out of this than they should so they can heat up the phone lines. But I think there may be something to this. After all, Ms. Wallace is crashing at Ike’s place in FLA while she trains for her big payday. Meanwhile, the Steelers signed AB to a fat contract with money that was earmarked for Wallace. Coincidence? I think not. Let’s just hope they all kiss and make up before the season starts. Go Steelers!!!!!!

What are my thoughts on the Penguins? I don’t really have any right now. Apart from pursuing Parise and Sutter and the Jordan Staal trade, the Pens have been off the radar of late. Hope that changes with some moves, soon. Did Shane Doan ever sign anywhere? Let’s Go Pens!!!

1 comment: