Tuesday, March 3, 2015

THE BULLPEN

     Well, Mrs. Black-N-Gold has her bags packed, her Xanax in hand and is ready for her flight to FLA. She will travel to Bradenton to take in her first spring training with your Pittsburgh Pirates. Excitement is in the air as Mrs. Black-N-Gold has never made the pilgrimmage to McKechnie Field. Here are some of the things Mrs. Black-N-Gold looks forward to in her travels.

1)Saturday afternoon, Rays-Pirates. Of course this would be at the top of Mrs. Black-N-Gold's list. She's been reading about the Bucs all offseason and can't wait to get an up-close-and-personal look at them herself. I've been compiling questions should I have the honor of meeting anyone within the organization. The questions run the gamut from "Can you get me tix to PNC Park" (that one is for anyone that crosses my path), to "Why haven't you signed the Homeboy to a long-term deal (that one is for Huntington, Coonelly, and/or Nutting. You can be sure I have questions at the ready for the players, too. I'd ask SS Jordy Mercer if he's feeling any heat from newly arrived INF Jung Ho Kang. Or C Francisco Cervelli if he feels pressure to put up Russell Martin-like numbers. Don't worry, if any member of the Pittsburgh Pirates is within earshot, they're going to hear from Mrs. Black-N-Gold.

2)Trading in turtlenecks, boots, and gloves for sandals, shorts and sunglasses is definitely up there on Mrs. Black-N-Gold's list, too. I hope Mother Nature is good to me in Florida. In the past, I've been known to be a bad-weather jinx, bringing record cold temperatures wherever I go. Right now it looks like Joe DeNardo is the weatherman in Bradenton, as there is a lot of "party cloudy" scheduled for my trip. At least it will be in the '70s and no snow in sight.

3)What would a trip for Mrs. Black-N-Gold be without the blues? I've heard of a place called Ace's in Bradenton that is supposed to be good for blues music. Unfortunately, I've also heard it's a Cleveland Browns bar, if you can believe that. I may have to take the good (blues music) with the bad (Cleveland Browns fans). I see the legendary Nighthawks are listed for Friday. I've seen them quite a few times and was hoping to catch an act I hadn't already seen. I did hear there is a blues jam on Thursdays at the Flying Dog Café in Bradenton. I'll have to check my schedule. One way or another, there will be blues in Bradenton for Mrs. Black-N-Gold.

I hope to get some pictures while I'm gone. If I'm lucky enough to get any quotes, maybe I can write about the Pirates or the blues from this trip. Is there any way I can write this trip off as a business expense? What's that? You say you have to get paid for this to be considered "business"? Oh, if only. I can dream, can't I? Let's Go Bucs!!!!! Keep It Bluesy!



No comments:

Post a Comment