Thursday, November 27, 2014

HAPPY BLACK-N-GOLD & BLUES THANKSGIVING

     It's that time of year. You know what I mean, when all your relatives get together, drink too much, eat too much, sit around watching football and fall into a food coma. Seriously, let us not forget that the time is for getting together and enjoying each other's company and be thankful for our blessings. From Mrs. Black-N-Gold & the Big Bossman, Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. Be safe and have fun. Now, without further adieu, the things I am most thankful for this year.

     The Penguins-I am thankful that Mario Lemieux and Ron Burkle decided it was time for some new blood in the organization (sorry Ray Shero and Disco Dan). I am thankful that we have the best player in the NHL in Sidney Crosby. I am thankful that G Marc-Andre Fleury recently recorded his 300th (and counting) career win and got a nice, new contract extension not too long ago. I am also thankful for my man, C Evgeni Malkin. Love ya, Geno! Let's Go Pens!!!

     The Pirates-I am thankful for trips to the postseason 2 years in a row. I am thankful for Manager Clint Hurdle and all that he has done to revitalize Pittsburgh's love affair with the Pirates. I am happy for the best player (IMHO) in the NL, CF Andrew McCutchen. I am thankful that we found out that 3B Josh Harrison, JHay, can go all day. I am also thankful for the Homeboy, 2B Neil Walker! Let's Go Bucs!!!!!

     The Steelers-I am thankful that we have some tremendous playmakers on offense, namely QB Ben Roethlisberger, WR Antonio Brown, and RB Le'Veon Bell. I am thankful for offensive line coach Mike Munchak and all his efforts to try and stablize that unit. I am thankful that DE Brett Keisel and LB James Harrison still have something left in the tank. I am thankful that the Steelers are getting healthy in time for a playoff run. I am also thankful for TE Heath Miller, the Champagne of Tight Ends. #83 is #1! Let's Go Steelers!!!!!!

      I am thankful for the gift of music, especially the blues. Music has helped get Mrs. Black-N-Gold through some tough times. I am thankful that music makes me laugh and cry and feel a thousand other emotions. I am thankful for all the great shows and musicians that we enjoyed this year. Let the good times roll! Keep It Bluesy!

       Most of all, I'm thankful for the wonderful family and friends that have blessed my life. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment